- Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid.
- Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
- The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rarely loses or gains extra matter.
- The same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still present today.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use only about three tenths of a percent of this water.
- Such usable water is found in groundwater aquifers, rivers, and freshwater lakes.
- The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day.
10 Reasons to Drink Water
- Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival.
- A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels.
- The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
- Water taste good!
Reasons to Use a Water Filter
- In order to capitalize on the health benefits of water, it is essential to draw from a clean source of water.
- There are more than 2100 known drinking water contaminants that may be present in tap water, including several known poisons.
- Bottled water does not offer a viable alternative to tap water.
- The best way to ensure pure, contaminant-free drinking water is a point-of-use filtration system.
- Several types of cancer can be attributed to the presence of toxic materials in drinking water.
- Clean, healthy drinking water is essential to a child’s proper mental and physical development.
- According to the EPA, lead in drinking water contributes to 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children each year in the United States alone.
- It is especially important for pregnant women to drink pure water as lead in drinking water can cause severe birth defects.
- Water filters provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine and bacterial contaminants.
- Point-of-use water filters remove lead from drinking water prior to consumption, preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
- Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health.
- A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters offer the last line of defense between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
- Tap water often contains at least as much, if not more, chlorine than is recommended for use in swimming pools.
Reasons to Use a Whole House Water Filter
- The dishwasher releases more chlorine into the air than any other water source in the house, besides the shower.
- The use of a whole house water filter is the only way to ensure pure, filtered water from every water source in the house.
- A whole house water filter purifies water efficiently and cost-effectively.
- The 2100 known water contaminants can make their way into our bodies not just from drinking water, but also from inhalation and dermal absorption.
- Merely avoiding drinking tap water by indulging in bottled water is not an effective means of protection against dangerous water contaminants.
- Clean, filtered water emerges from every water source in the house.
- Cholorine and other chemicals are removed as soon as they enter a home’s plumbing system and are no longer released into the air.
- When chlorine and other chemicals are removed from water used for washing, these chemicals can no longer become embedded in clothing.
- Removing chlorine from the water used in dishwashing prevents chlorine vapors from being released into the air and reduces soap scum on dishes.
- Using a whole house water filter greatly enhances the overall healthfulness of drinking water.
- Using a whole house water filter can alleviate the effects of asthma and allergies by providing cleaner air to breathe in the house.
- Filtering water through a whole house water filter eliminates the risks of both drinking and showering in contaminated water.
- A whole house water filter is the only truly effective shower filter. It filters water at low temperatures to facilitate the removal of chlorine and other chemicals.
- Using a whole house water filter ensures protection from the carcinogenic effects of both drinking and inhaling chlorine and other dangerous chemicals.
- The use of a whole house water filter is the last means of protection from breakdowns in municipal water treatment and sanitation systems.